YOU JUST CAME FOR EASTWOOD. YOU’RE NOT EVEN INVITED! - Joel Angelo Garcia



430 P.M.- Got to ATC. Sat outside Starbucks, waiting for the rest. Texted Ben. Sez he’s still stuck on traffic. And that his brother, Paolo is at ATC, too… I looked to my right, there wus this guy sitting alone in one of the tables, thought it wus Paolo but wusn sure, so I just waited for someone to approach me as what Ben told me. Eventually, it wus Paolo.

“Uy… Ben’s gonna be here. malapit na daw siya”. He said as he wus pulling a chair out. He had this bag- and a FHM mag wit him. “I’ve been here since 10 A.M. and I haven’t done anything. No good movies…” Wo. 10 A.M. … all he did wus read? Sit? Ohhkay. Ben came a few minutes later… talked… finally we get to bond again. He shows me a pic of his gurl…she’s pretty. :D

Joel shows up wit his bestfriend “Alex” (who just flew in from Cebu a week ago ).

“Guys, we’re gonna go shopping or something..” Joel tells us as they pass by our table. After 30 minutes or so, Basil and Gail shows up, then Drichy and Zubair shows up. Accompanied Drichy ta Body Bench, then as we get back ta Starbucks, we’re all set! :D we wait for the van and we all hop in.

the sitting arrangement wus : Alex and Joel stays in front, then it’s Me, Aldrich, Paolo and Zubair. Behind us is Gail, Basil and Ben. As always, there’s mocking, and the spotlight’s on Basil. Zubair just mocked him and I’m like, “Nice one Zee..” then Basil says.. “Oh yeah, Dawg?...you watch out later…” … yea right dawg. UP YOURS. We stop over Joel’s place in Fort Bonifacio where “it’s just us” ( yeah baby…no parents, no sibs…we had the place all to ourselves. I don’t know if it’s a good thing. Hyuk.) Ben and I talked a LOT, I sat in this rocking chair, played music REAL loud, they eat Joel’s strawberry cheesecake, while Ben and I discuss about EHEM some important matters. Heart Matters. Drichy and Zee goes out to the terrace to talk, while Joel, Alex, Pao and Me decide to walk around. It wus cold, and dark. To think that it was the night of October 31.



As we got back, Drichy is laying down in this wooden sofa in the receiving area. There wus another rocking chair beside him so I sit on it. He looks at me. Then he smiles. Then I smiled back. I wus just “rocking”.

“Drichy, don’t you ever wonder…what…how we’re gonna look like when we grow OLD?” He smiles but he’s still texting. “I mean like, when our skin is all saggy, we start losing our teeth, you know?...like…eww..eww!” he looks at me and says, “ well I don’t really wanna think about that right now.” Hehe. Ohhkay.

I look out the terrace and find Ben and Zee talking. This is where Zee and I start talking, and he’s a really really nice guy. I used to think that he wus suplado. But he’s not. Ben leaves us ta go get his polo, then Zee and I talk about our life back in the Middle East, and what we wanna be, where we like hanging out… after Joel’s yaya left the place ( she brought us food and some blankets) , we all head ta Glorietta. As we get to G4, ( that wus past 11 P.M. by the way) we were already deciding on what movie ta watch…Uptown Girls, Identity. Uptown Girls, Identity… “If we go see Identity, we’re like 30 minutes late.” Just as we decide to go watch Uptown Girls, Joel looks at us and says, “Maybe we should just eat.” We all just turned right (which leads us ta Wendy’s ), Joel pays for everyone except Zee cus he and Drichy went in ahead of us. Of course, you could picture another LOONG table just like ‘The Last Supper’ … we were in the middle of eating all the French fries, some guy just comes looking at us.

“ALAN!” … Ben says. “Hi guys!”… wo. Is that Alan? Hehe… “Hey Alan!” I said. He replied wit “Oh, Hi Abbie!” then he sits on this vacant chair beside Joel, and says something to Aldrich which made Ben laugh really hard. Zee covers up for Aldrich. I don’t wanna say what Alan said, I know it wus a joke. :D after that we finally head off ta Eastwood. Got in Ipanema. Ordered a Cosmopolitan. Love the cherry. I threw the cherry’s stem in the glass, Drichy gets it and says, “wanna try tying a knot?” … I’m like, “NO…” he ended up trying it himself . cool. He did it. :D Alan ordered a Don Mariner for him and Drich and I ended up sipping more than twice on Drichy’s. tastes good. Then got another Cosmopolitan. In the middle of my second sip, Drich whispers to Zee and then he looks at me.

“ We’re gonna go eat. You wanna come?” His eyebrows meet. Then he smiles.

“ No, I’m okay…” I said. I finished my second Cosmopolitan. I could feel like the alcohol is rushing…to my head. My face feels so warm.

“ I want another one” I told Joel, who wus sitting next to me. Ben says “ Bie, he has like 300 left.” I told Joel I could pay it this time. But he didn’t let me. Said he still had about 500. okay. So he went up to a waiter and asked for a Cosmopolitan.



A few minutes later, the waiter puts down a margarita in front of me.

“Joel, what the- I said I wanted a Cosmopolitan, NOT a Margarita.” Grr. He wus like, “Did I say Margarita? – Oh my…” …I said it wus okay, and I would drink it anyway. So I did. Ben looks at me and says… “Bie, you’re flushed.” I kept telling everyone I wusn drunk and I kept banging the empty glass of Margarita on the table and I wus like, “ YOU – are gonna get me another one”… I kept talking and talking and talking and then I shut up eventually. After that “ I could see clouds right in front of me” line I told Ben. I see Drichy and Zee comin up the stairs. Drich accompanies me ta the Toilette Femme , and I remember holding his hands cus I just know I could go out of balance any minute. Damn. I AM DRUNK. But I partly know what I’m doing. Someone passed out in one of the cubicles. Cool. I’m there taking a piss and I could hear this gurl saying “Nikki, okay ka lang? Nikki, si Michelle ‘to, nag-aalala na ko saiyo, okay ka lang? ” over and over. I looked at myself in the mirror. Gosh, I DID turn into a tomato. Thanks to Drichy, who “made alalay”... we got back ta our table and he orders (check this out )a Weng-weng ( a stronger “version” of Zombie. Zombie wus like one of the drinks that got me drunk…), an Enigma, and a Mai-tai. Lemme see. Weng-weng+Enigma+Mai-tai+Don Mariner = a “you’re dead, man” line from Ben. (instead of a “you’re gone” line. Which is, a bit lighter. :D ) Drich can’t walk straight. My face wus so hot, and my eyes felt SOO heavy. Joel wus totally drunk. TOTALLY drunk. We get in the van. I lean onto Drichy and he leans onto me,too and all of us (except for Ben, Joel and Alan) fall asleep.

Past 4 A.M. we got back to the house and Joel brings out a bottle of Champagne. Gives a glass to Drichy.

“No, you’re not!” I screamed. He puts the glass right beside him. I wus still damn “dreamy”.





Aldrich got ta the bathroom first. Joel led me ta the other bathroom, as he lead me in, he just wet himself in the shower. Actually it wus just his head. And I looked around and it wus dirty. I said , “ I’m taking a shower on the other bathroom”. I wus going out of the bathroom and Joel ( soaking wet ) behind me, grabs both of my arms REAL hard and he says, “No, you’re taking a shower here!” . I got real scared and his grip wus so tight, it kinda hurt me.” I screamed real loud. “ LET ME GO!LET ME GO!” … went to the room where Ben wus and told him ‘bout it. After Drich, I got into the shower. Cool thing wus, Ben wus ryt out the bathroom watching the door for me. JUST IN CASE. Thanks ta Ben, he never left my side.



5 A.M.I wus sitting on the bed, and Drichy is right in front of me. Ben is standing by the door, his hair wet. “Aldrich, you’re staying here” I whispered to him as I wus pointing on my bed. I look at Ben and say “ You’re staying here, too.” And Ben says, “Right”… so I end up being sandwiched by these two guys which made me feel safe, but… the bed can’t really hold the three of us, so it wus pretty hard for us ta sleep. Especially Ben occupying more than half of the bed. It’s like, Drich is nearly leaning on my knee. Gosh you guys should’ve seen us. It wus funny. I wus falling asleep, but due to some SNORING, I end up wit my eyes still wide open ‘til past 6 A.M. Ben stood up. YES! FREEDOM! I stay on the side where Ben wus and there wus enough room for Drich. Ben starts tickling everyone, and everyone keeps falling on me, this lasted ‘til about 7 A.M., I asked Ben nicely… “guys, please let me get some sleep..” so he did. Actually we all did. Bleh. This time Ben had a hard time finding the right sleeping position since he wus at the corner. We sandwiched Drich. Hyuk. Drich, Me, Gail, Basil and Joel slept from 7- 11 A.M. Drich and I jumped out of bed when Ben barged in the room waking Joel up saying, “your Mom’s here”. OHHKAY. I got up, brushed my teeth, fixed my hair and washed my face. We were all talking for a few hours, then Joel’s Dad knocks and asks us how our gimmick went and all that. A real nice man. Minutes later, he comes in again asking us if we wanted ta join them ta the “LIBINGAN NGMGA BAYANI”. We all agreed ta have lunch there. We got in the van and Drich tells me, “I feel special.” Yes, we sure are. :D



We got down the van and we walked ta their tent. General Garcia wus leading the way.

“This is my Dad’s grave. Joel’s grandfather.” He says. I look around. There were a lot of people lighting candles. I look at all the white crucifixes. It’s like a totally different world in the Cemetery. How did these people live their life here on earth? The Cemetery is the ONLY place where … the living and the dead have this…”connection”. It kind of made me think. This day, should be ‘a celebration of life day’. Weird. It IS November 1, and I think of it as a “Celebration of Life Day”. Well I do have an explanation to this, but…



I still have a hang-over.



Anyways, we went back ta Joel’s house ( ahead of his parents ), then I insisted on taking a QUICK shower. After that we all headed ta Festi, where Basil and Gail left first, then Joel and Alan, then Ben and Pao… Drich stayed wit me ‘til my Uncle got to pick me up. Thanks Drichy. And thanks for the bag. Ima go use it when I get ta buy a bohemian frilly skirt. :D



About the title, well it’s one of the reasons why Zubair didn stay wit us after Eastwood. Zee, Pao and Joel were at the dining area. Me, Alan and Drich were at the receiving area. I wus laying down at that wooden sofa, Drich wus sitting on the floor, his head wus on the sofa, and Allen wus on the rocking chair. We were quiet, then all of a sudden…”You just came for Eastwood. You’re not even invited…” I hear those words coming from Joel. The wonderful words of Joel spoken to Zubair… Zee didn bother staying longer. A few minutes later, he wus putting his shoes on. Pao accompanied Zee all the way to the main road to help Zee get a cab.





If I missed anything out, I'll just post it... :D some other time. *yawn*



I'm ou-- ZZzzZZZ.... *thud*

0 comments: