Liar, Liar pants on fayerr.

GOOD LIES. WHITE LIES. Do they really exist? What constitutes a good lie? Is it the purpose it serves? The person we lie to? The person we lie for? Is it to prevent them from hurting, or just preventing them from knowing the truth? Either way, its still a lie isn't it?

My Mom would slip the white lie to save my ass. She would most of the time and I love her for it. Does that really make a good lie?


So, good lies. Depends on who is lying? For you? To you? At the end of the day, doesn't it all go down to just one thing... that it will always be a lie, whether good, or bad? A lie. Nothing else. Just that. No sub-categories. No branches.

A lie, is just a lie. Or is it?

One thing's for sure though. Its one of the million reasons why I love my Mother to death. She will lie to save my ass.

But today, I felt betrayed. I'm praying that the lying will stop the minute I sent that last angry text message.

Don't lie to me. When I ask you a question, just tell me the truth. I won't ask you if I know I couldn't handle the big T. At this point of my life, there is no turning back. No regrets. No holding back. Shyness won't stop me. Anger won't stop me. Nothing will stop me from being the most honest person that I am to you. And I hope, you could do the same for me.

Scratch that.
At the end of the day, it all goes down to WHO is lying to you.

0 comments: