Let's stop crying, Babe.

"I feel so lonely... I could cry. Ayoko lang isipin masyado... Tangina."

A REAL MAN FOR ME, SHOWS HIS WEAKNESS.
I am so effing sick of men trying to live up to the stereotype that all men have to appear strong. A real man shows emotions in times he thinks he should.

So...your girlfriend is leaving the country, you have no idea when you'll be seeing her, hugging her, and kissing her again.

Do you... show her that you're strong? Or do you...show her that you're weak without her even if you both know you can handle being away from each other for awhile (read: a year at least).

A real man for me, shows his weakness especially to the person he loves. A real man for me is strong. Strong enough to show his weakness, and that he is only human - not some superman hero god. A real man for me, stays true to himself and how he feels. He balances them perfectly.

Andrew showing me his weakness doesn't make me love him any less. Andrew crying because of me leaving doesn't make him a lesser man. In fact, I think I've loved him even more for that. I like the feeling of being needed, of being missed ( I mean, who doesn't right? ), and I like that I feel that rarely because... it only means that he DOES mean it.

I would have been the dumbest person alive if I ever did and do let you go, Drew. You might not be the perfect boyfriend, and I'm not the perfect girlfriend either. But thank you for making yourself one for me. Thank you for making yourself one imperfectly perfect boyfriend - and for treating me like a perfect girlfriend.

Thank you for carrying my baggage with and for me. Thank you for still loving me after I've shared EVERYTHING with you. Thank you for accepting me after EVERYTHING I've shared with you. Thank you because you stuck around NO MATTER HOW HARD THE SITUATION.

THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME FEEL LIKE I AM WORTH FIGHTING FOR. THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME FEEL LIKE I AM WORTH WAITING FOR. THANK YOU FOR STILL BEING HERE AFTER EVERYTHING I'VE OVERLOOKED. THANK YOU FOR LOVING ME WHOLEHEARTEDLY.

I now know why God really gave you to me.
You really are the one for me, Andrew. And I really really really mean it.

Tonight, I don't hear you call out my name from your window. I can't see you hop into bed and sleep right the next minute. I can't stick my nose on your window screen to watch you sleep.


As much as we should stop shedding...
I'm sure both our pillows won't stay dry tonight.

0 comments: