We love you, McQueen.

I was on Facebook when I saw Izabelli's status, "RIP ALEXANDER McQUEEN". I froze for 5 seconds, commented, went on Google and saw this.




McQueen's body carried out of his London home

I couldn't believe it. Earlier today, while reading a short article done on Lady Gaga, I thought to myself, "even if I wouldn't find the confidence to pull off her outfits, or I don't understand her fashion sense at all, I still have this respect for her, and her courage to express herself. I never really got the feeling that she was trying so hard. All I got was she wanted to put herself out there. Who she really was, and what she really loved.

















And I could say the same for McQueen. You may not get what he's going for sometimes, but you respect him. His clothes are his, and his alone. You just have to respect people who work hard to make that happen. He was one of my favorite designers. But me saying that sounds so pretentious, I haven't been able to get my hands on anything by McQueen yet. Doesn't stop me from drooling on my keyboards whenever I see his collections though.



I think I got more interested in McQueen after he showed his support with my favorite supermodel, Kate Moss back in 2006. I still remember that moment, I was on Fashion TV and they were covering his latest collection. And then there he was, sashaying down the runway, wearing a shirt that read "WE LOVE YOU KATE", and I thought, "Wow. He is awesome."




















On display on McQueen's store in London

Logged on to McQueen's website yesterday and saw this.


I also did some sort of Runway Review 3 years ago, mentioning the genius that McQueen is, here.

One of his last shows in January this year.

Goodbye, Lee McQueen. You will surely be missed.


"We are devastated to learn of the death of Alexander McQueen, one of the greatest talents of his generation. He brought a uniquely British sense of daring and aesthetic fearlessness to the global stage of fashion. In such a short career, Alexander McQueen’s influence was astonishing — from street style, to music culture and the world’s museums. His passing marks an insurmountable loss."

- Anna Wintour



0 comments: