'Til Death Do Us Part?

More like, " 'Til Death, and Beyond."

That's Papa renewing his marital vows with Mama before we took her to the crematorium chapel in Funeraria Paz, Sucat on the 12th of May, 2010.

It was something he was intending to do even before her passing, since May is the month they celebrate their anniversary, making this year their 25th.

Mama was Papa's first everything, and to people who doubt that, screw you. My Father is not perfect, and just like almost every other Dad, he has made some mistakes and have hurt us in the past, but he has always been faithful to Mama, and God has changed him to become a much better man, husband, and father.

He kept on telling me that his covenant is to stay single for Mama, because of all her sacrifices for us. Obviously, he makes me cry in front of him a lot.

Thank God for my cousin Mao, who took this photo. I was sobbing my eyes out during this. She was, too. But she's a pro - she was still able to take shots (I love you Mao).

I'm working on my "Mama entry".

I love you, Mama.

3 comments:

  1. I am very sorry to hear about the death of your mom. Your dad is really a nice man. My deepest sympathy to your family and I sincerely hope that your memories will give you comfort.

    I'll keep your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my.. ill pray for her.. be strong my abbie. she put up a good fight. sorry. i love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dad is so sweet Abbie! Sana makakita ako ng katulad nya :)

    ReplyDelete