I love you, Jesus.

My Mom was a worship leader, she was very active in church, and was part of the music ministry. I've thought of joining before but I figured I didn't have the willingness to commit to the church because its such a huge responsibility and that it would be so pretentious of me because at the end of the day I'm still a sinner, and I wouldn't want to be self-righteous.

When my Mom passed, I started by singing her favorite songs at church. The Victory Song, the Prelude - then my Ninong supported me by letting me sing during Praise and Worship. It was tough. I'm not very good with singing out loud (mostly I let those tunes out in the confines of our room, or the bathroom), fearing that doing so would make me go out of tune. I'm also working on my exhorting skillz, because I'm used to communicating with God by whispering, or saying it in my head, not out loud.

The seed has only been planted in me, its going to take a lot of work to make it grow, but the hard work will not be in vain, that is for sure. There are so many things I have to change about myself, and I will be stubborn to not want to at one point. But please help me pray for how I can serve God, I want to continue what my Mom has started. Also, my Husband being part of it himself is such a huge influence to me, too.

Don't worry, I wouldn't want to be self-righteous, and I will stop myself from boasting about what I have with God, because I know at the end of the day that no matter what, I am still human and it would be inevitable for me to sin.

In relation to this, let me say that I cannot wait to see Hillsong live! I love Hillsong so much. I love Darlene Zschech, Brooke Fraser, Jad Gillies.

My favorite songs from Hillsong atm are the ones from their Faith+Hope+Love album. Andrew pointed out "We The Redeemed" to me, and realized how much I loved it.








2 comments:

  1. Go Abbie! That's the spirit. You can do it! Just keep in mind that we are all sinners. Even the most active church volunteer is a sinner. Even the disciples committed sins, whether they were acts of commission or omission. At the end of the day, what matters is that you do it for God's greater glory, and nothing but. Will pray for you. God bless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. leading people thru praise and worship is really a wonderful ministry..I've been part of the choir for almost 6 years now but still, I get out of tune a lot of times..so don't worry about that.;p Do you mean a Hillsong concert? where? I want to go too!^.^

    ReplyDelete