Munny, Munny, Munny / Must Be Funny


Kidrobot was founded in 2002 by Paul Budnitz, and that would supposedly be the year that Munnys and Dunnys were brought forth into the earth. All hail its epic cuteness. /hail/

I honestly don't remember how I found out about these awesome Vinyl toys, but I couldn't stop wishing for one. When I saw a few on them on display at Life (as I mentioned in my previous entry) in 2007, I went nail-biting berserk on the salesman (I tried my best to contain myself) to ask him if they were being sold (okay, my Mom asked him for me) and at that time it wasn't. So you could imagine how giddy I was when I saw a few Munnys actually available to be owned!

I'm not sure what I want to do with it. Maybe for my first Munny, I'm gonna keep it as it is. I do plan on getting a few more, so this marks the day of an awesome start! May me and my Husband be surrounded with Vinyl Toys for the rest of our lives. I even asked him to document the special moment of finally holding it in my arms, err hands (which makes me think if I should get a Mega Munny? How about that Tokidoki x Karl Lagerfeld toy I've wanted since forever?...Right, that's not from Kidrobot, but still! Ha!)

Wups, blurreh

Better. TA-DA!!! My first MUNNY!
By the way, ignore the box of Brown Sugar behind me. I stuffed a couple of Marshmallows and a pack of Swiss Miss French Vanilla mix in it, cos I take it to me with work, I've no containers to store them in, hee!

Opening the box containing epicness...

Nope, no shot of me jizzing in my pants.

OMGAHHH I DECAPITATED IT!
Oh, right - it was part of the instructions ... /sigh of relief/

Aww, puppy fez
I was actually thinking "Aww, look at this thing. SO ADORBZ I CAN'T EVEN"

YAY!
/fake awe fez courtesy of photographer-slash-husband's instructions/
I'm sure my Munny mimicked its first words in this moment:
".....MOMMEH???"

Sniffy teh Vinyl. /OMNOMNOM?

Its got all these cute other stuff in it that I wasn't able to take a photo of : 4 extra accessories (mine had poop, so cute!), a name tag, and a coloring book which you practice doodling on. They're awesome. I honestly feel so giddy blogging about this.

2 comments:

  1. this comment has nothing to do with this post but i just wanted to say that i love love your blog, and your style. im a new fan. i admire you for being different and not caring what other people say or think about you, wish i could be like that too. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, i'm really not familiar with Munnys and Dunnys nor have I seen one in the flesh, but from the looks of it, the shape of the vinyl toy does look cute...although my question is, could you color them up or add faces, etc? Or are they supposed to be displayed as is?

    by the way, you look so adorable in the 2nd photo. the smile doesn't look fake at all. don't flash a face like that to me when i finally see you in person, unless you want your cheeks to get pinched! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete