Imagine


Doesn't it hurt to think at times, that even if we live on the same planet, we always find ways to hurt each other? That we forget that we're all brothers and sisters, regardless of race and beliefs? That whether or not you believe in God, we were all made superior to other creatures because we are responsible for them, for their well-being? Because we can?

I was in Tumblr today and found out about this site, IMAGINE PEACE TOWER, which Yoko Ono put up in honor of John Lennon. To celebrate his birthday, people all over the world tweeted wishes for John, and for world peace.



World Peace, you think. World Peace. What does it really mean anyway. Its something we've all longed for, something we all feel to be unattainable. With the way the world is going these days, how can you not feel that way? But I have a God. Not trying to sound self-righteous but its the only thing that can keep me sane. Because if I can't hold everything in my life, then I find great comfort in knowing that I am in His hands. Others like to fully take control of their lives, and I won't judge or criticize them for that. They have their beliefs, I have mine. I may not agree with them, and I'm sure that they feel the same way for me, but like I said, it always goes down to respect. So I'm going to leave it at that.

What I'm trying to focus on goes beyond religion. Our faith may vary but instinct and morality, those are a few of the things we all have in common as human beings.

So I'm never gonna get why people would ever consider killing Dolphins for their meat, and other animals for their fur and skin.

I just finished seeding The Cove. My friend Peter (a.k.a. 655321) uploaded some of the screencaps from the documentary and tagged me. I don't know if I could bear watching it, but based on this photo I nicked from my bestfriend Mr. Googley...


The water is literally bloody red.

I know I won't be able to get a good night's sleep trying to figure out what can someone like me do to help. And its not about funding the organization, its about doing something, HANDS-ON. I want to do something. I want to pull off a Hayden Panetierre. If you've been reading my blog, you'd know that I've always been a frustrated animal rights activist. I just want to do something for them.

If there was only something I can do now aside from praying for them. Prayer's always good, but I know God gave me these hands, and God gave me this mind to come up with other things to do as well. Who knows, someday. I know I will. My Mom loved animals so much, too. And she would always cry watching videos online of animals, whether its cos they're way too adorable or because they were being beaten to death. Actually, we cry together.

Another thing Mama influenced me with is the acceptance of homosexuals. I once asked her, what if she had a child that turned out to be gay, and she said "So what?". That's how open-minded she was.

INTERNATIONAL 'COMING OUT' DAY

Did this via Count Me Out's Official Website.


October 11, 2010 was "International Coming Out Day". My little sister Chesca Sumilang actually shared this on Facebook and thought I should make one myself as I feel strongly for the gay community, as seen on this re-blogged post on Tumblr.

I AM AN ALLY. I've never been in a bisexual relationship, so I've never 'been' with another woman. But I have nothing against them.

Yes, I know you're wondering how could that be possible. I mean, I'm a Christian, and most of them are against homosexuals, but I am not.

I don't get how people can bully other people just for being different. Being gay is hard enough already. Its not like people CHOOSE to be gay. Most of my gay friends tell me that they fought with every bone in their body to be normal, to be straight. But what else can they do when that's just how they are? I admire them even for being able to face the reality, that they're not what they have been blessed with. I have no idea how tough that is to embrace. With most of us being so judgmental, how can they ever find it in themselves to feel motivated and encouraged to step out of the closet?

They did not choose to be this way, that's for sure. And yes, some do change. Some do find the strength to be straight. But how about for those who can't? Must we torment them for eternity, until they can't take anymore and decide to end their lives?

Homosexuals are human beings too. If they've done you wrong, don't blame it on their sexuality, blame it on their personality. Gay or Lesbian, they're still people who deserve the same rights to this life. They still deserve to live the way they want to, regardless.

Instead of judging them, why not pray for them instead? If you're against them, there's no reason and no excuse to go all self-righteous on them. Yes, you may know so much about God's words and teachings and stuff like that, but you're no God to do the judging. You'll never really know how God thinks, so leave the rest to Him.


IT ALWAYS GOES DOWN TO RESPECT. Although I don't agree with every lyric on John Lennon's "Imagine", but I do wish to attain the same peace in the world that he wanted for us to have.

3 comments:

  1. Just stumbled upon your blog and i really love it. Will definitely follow. :)
    I haven't seen The Cove yet but i really wanna watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you vegetarian/vegan?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Perpetrator, thank you so much!! <3 Its been in my HD for awhile now but I don't know. I might not be able to sleep at night! :(

    Anon, I WISH! :( It frustrates me so much because I really really want to support these causes but how when I just find it so hard to be one. Also, with my frame, it could be a threat to my health. I don't want to look like a walking skeleton :(

    ReplyDelete