Who da Manny?

(photo by Mike Stone / Reuters)

And then there was Manny. Oh, awesome Manny. Manny, Manny, Manny, must be funny (actually, no).

Let me start with this : I love how Manny Pacquiao always puts God first. Seriously, I almost cry when I watch his interviews he does and he mentions "God". But putting sappy me aside, this is his 8th victory. 8 Victories in 8 different divisions. How awesome is that? Celebs like Paris Hilton, Steve Aoki (who made my day upon reading his "Pacquiouuuu" tweet, haha!), Alyssa Milano have been tweeting about the fight (or simply saying "PACQUIAO!", among other one-liners). I love that my friend Mads tweeted saying that Manny was playing PVZ before his fight according to a radio station (how adorbz. I miss playing PVZ now). This tweet by my friend Tatin made me lulz too.

I wish I had a Who da Manny shirt. This is what Tatin was referring to, btw (had to look for the ep on my HD so I could get a screencap) :

Oh and that girl next to him is Sofia Vergara (irl). Back off, she's mine.

I haven't seen the fight yet so I can barely comment on anything except for "WOW, MARGARITO'S FACE" which goes with a "that man, what a pity" expression, and from the articles I've read online, Pacquiao, being the sweet man that he is, had this look on his face pleading for the fight to stop because Margarito was such in a bad shape at the 10th round. Bless him. Bless him, bless him, bless him (hey, remember that time when Pacquiao even helped his opponent get up? What fight was that? I forgot). My bestfriend Nof also shared this article with me by the NYTimes. Also, check out this almost detailed write-up on the fight by CNN's Chris Mannix.


I'm not gonna say anything about Mayweather. God bless him for everything he said . He did apologize though, as you can see here. I have nothing to say about that either.



Margarito was pretty strong, I haven't seen Manny looking this beat-up before. But I love the optimism he manages to have, in spite of everything he went through and the things thrown at him.


As for me, we have to be and feel proud that we're Filipinos. Everyday. There's just so much we can offer, and I hope the world doesn't just see that because of Manny's victory, or Charice Pempengco. I look at them and I can't help but feel smug because they have a part of me that the whole world sees and looks up to, but then again, as much as I love them, they're supposed to encourage us Filipinos to see that we actually do have something amazing - in our blood, our motherland. Most importantly, in us - because we mostly forget.


We all have something to be proud of, and we celebrate this day not just because o Pacquiao's victory, but because a boxing match like this can bring the entire world together, where we forget our differences, and support each other.

World peace, yo!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Abbie! I too am awed at how MP injects the world with his faith in every match we watch (ok, that rhymes). I am proud of him for that.

    Another victory for him and the Filipino people! It was a good bout. I feel sorry though for what happened to Margarito's face... I hope his Mexican Viki Belo fixes him fast.

    And wow at those celebs rooting for him! This guy's super famous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is really amazing. and God is the center of his life. so there's no battle he cant win :)


    Taradiddles of style on a budget

    ReplyDelete
  3. so proud of Manny! he's da maaann!

    ReplyDelete