Paper, Paper

Its like hitting a bird with two stones given that its one of my favorite Bone Thugs and Harmony songs back in high school. Its also our village's 10th year anniversary, which was held on the 9th of December. One of the reasons why I haven't been blogging much is because we had to prepare for it and I was a bit stressed out. I only had 4 hours of sleep in 2 days.

Remember how I said we had a Hollywood themed party? That was one of the parties we were supposed to host on the same day (we had a lot going on - a marathon event in the morning, a bazaar, a live band, awesome dancers, Santa, mini-games, and a lot of other attractions). We moved the party downstairs but as soon as we finished setting up, there was a really strong sandstorm, which was followed by rain. Wasn't able to take photos of those (just the aftermath) because we were in one of the villas, changing. I was originally in my pretty everyday leopard flats but they started to hurt my feet so I thought, "what the fudge" and decided to change into flippy-floppies. Then we all decided not to wear our dresses. It was for the best.

*To respect the privacy of our Residents, I'll barely upload their photos in this post. I used my boss' Canon EOS 450D. Other photos are with my husband, he practically covered the whole event. I took photos for back-up.


See? This was after it rained and almost all our outdoor decorations were ruined.

This is my best friend, Nof.
Lotto was one of our sponsors. Thank you, Lotto!

Nof took these shots of me! Hee!

Check out my flippy-floppies. Total mismatch! But honestly I'm still the girl who chooses comfort over style sometimes. Besides, it was raining. I had a pair of Leopard flats
from Bayo back in college, which were practically my everyday shoes too,
but the rain ruined it!


WAH MACAROONS /dies/
It screams for a Marie Antoinette moment!
Also, see Sushi-like chocolates. GAH.

These chocolates from Voila were to die for. I honestly forgot my name when I had some.
Flavorgasm much.

Café Céramique! I love love love painting on them ceramic items. I tried painting on one with my Ninang, I have yet to post a photo (which was taken last month).
So nice to see the kids enjoy.


One of our residents made all these. My jaw dropped cos they were all too pretty!

These three were my favorite necklaces. I ended up getting the necklace in the middle.
I'm wearing it right now.


Nof got this gorgeous bracelet.

Sinta Clows!
(if you saw the SNL ep hosted by Taylor Lautner, you'd relate)

My husband Andrew packing up after taking Family Portraits with Santa inside the Tent.

The boys of Jeddah Dance Crew!
Who I love so much because they're too awesome (and way too humble) for words!
They're with Nof and Mark (the guy in red), who is a close friend of ours and a really good dancer (he was one of Billy Crawford's dancers and even had the privilege of hanging out with the awesome Maris from Paris of Beat Freaks).

Total fan girl moment for me and Nof. Joseph, too! Hee!

Check out my ghetto fez /fail/
Mrwan / L made me do a shout-out video for the crew.

I wonder when they'll upload it. They're totally toast if they don't.

Mua, Blue, Mrwan and Mark

Probably updating this post with photos my Husband took. The event was hardcore stressful but it was so much fun being a part of it and seeing all the happy children entertained with what we prepared for them.

Sometimes, no matter how difficult things are, at the end its always worth it. To my co-workers, who are now my closest friends, if you ever get to read this - thank you. Ninang D, Nof, Ate Joy, Sheena, Ate Eds, Fatima, to the rest of the Landscaping, Maintenance, IT staff, the artists, the sponsors, the participants, the performers, our Residents, my Boss. THANK YOU.

Here's to more years of success. We deserve this! God bless us all!

1 comment: