Spacing Out


I recently found out about this album and finally had the time to download it yesterday. Spaced Out was released with covers of sorts from both Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner, both popularized by the Star Trek series and have released separate albums. Having listened to most tracks, I can define it in two words : PURE WIN.

My favorites are definitely Nimoy's HIGHLY ILLOGICAL and HAMLET. Shatner was awesome too except that I wasn't able to pay too much attention to his tracks (heard some of it already though), out of sheer amazement towards the former.


"...Take the case of modern man
He works all his life gives it all he can Saves all his money works overtime Pinches every penny banks every dime All he can think about is money but you know That he can't take it with him where he's going to go Now I find that fascinatingly illogical..."

Makes sense now, doesn't it? Although the album has its pffft tracks, I wonder how anyone won't be awed, regardless.

I can't find a video of Hamlet so I was sort of lead on to the Klingon version of Hamlet, which tickled my fancy.

I'm trying to learn how to speak Klingon, I really am! Its only recently that I discovered my fascination with the Star Trek franchise, my friend Jaybs has been pushing me to watch all the installments but I have failed.

My addiction to Sheldon Cooper however is the primary source of this triggery. Whatever that means.


Awesome, ey?

I even downloaded the Klingon Dictionary, but of course, like the stash of e-books loaded in my HD I haven't even virtually turned a single page. The latest e-book I read is Zombies Vs. Unicorns (AND ITS AWESOME).

I'm thinking of making Nimoy's Hamlet as my message alert tone. Imagine waking up to someone's text in the middle of the night. Its the same as when Leonard (Hofstadter) had Joker's laugh for his ring tone, ha!

I think that should be one of my catchphrases starting today : "NOW I FIND THAT HIGHLY...ILLOGICAL." No, its not.

0 comments: