Ombre All The Way

It was late last year when my awesome friend J introduced me to Ombre. I had the urge to do something about my boring hair and upon mentioning it to me, I immediately consulted everyone's best friend and found out that a number of Hollywood actresses have been sporting this - even fashion bloggers.

But none of them struck me like Lily (of LLYMLRS)



GAHHH SO PRETTY!!!

Considering that my natural hair color is darker than hers, I know it would take a ton of effort to achieve the exact same look. And since I do my Ombres on my own, considering I'm no pro, it took a lot to muster the courage I needed to bleach my hair.

The first thing I did was actually COLOR my hair and mixed bleach which isn't very strong :


It didn't look visible so less than two days later, I went with stronger chemicals (that thankfully did not damage my hair) :


Fast forward to 9 months later, here's what my Ombre looks like:




Yes, I am aware that I look like a dork. I did my Ombre for three consecutive days, working on the flaws as I see them. I've gotten a number of compliments though, oddly enough from people I didn't expect to appreciate Ombres. It definitely isn't for everyone.



I think mine's very similar to that of Rachel Bilson and Hilary Duff.



Drew Barrymore and Alexa Chung has awesome looking Ombres too, among others. One more mane I'd love to steal is Rumi Neely's. GAH SO GORGE.


Then imagine my surprise when I see Topshop's LookBook Models sporting the Ombre early this year (mostly appearing on their blog,too!) but in different awesome shades like Platinum Blonde and Pink, Blue, Green, among others!



Check out Bleach London for inspiration. Speaking of which, I tried the Dark Brown/Blue combination but it only lasted for less than a week until I decided to go back to my old Ombre. Yes, half of my mane was dark blue/blue about 3 days ago.


Also, I cannot get enough of this photo of Sky Ferreira on the cover of Wonderland. As my Pinny Gee would say, "LUSH!!"


I could go on (and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and...) you know?

7 comments:

  1. im lovin your ombre!
    i was thinking of trying this but my hair is too short that it wouldnt be noticed.
    oh well...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ombre! I'd love to try it too, but right now I'm thinkin about getting a faux hawk for girls. Haha I don't know if that made sense, but yeah. :P The Lily girl is sooo pretty! And Sky Ferreira is so hot! :>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah! I've been wanting to try this as well! But I've never really had my hair colored or bleached in a salon!

    I've always loved Rachel Bilson's hair. Your ombre looks really great on you! And you're right, I don't think a lot of people would appreciate this look, but I have a feeling its going to catch up once local celebrities start sporting it :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely ombre! Also thinking of having the same as yours for graduation.. But still having second thoughts! OOOOHH wait.. I think we're following each other on Instagram! your username xxalodia or somethin? mine's sarahlalala :D Link swap lovely?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your hair! :) Ang bilis humaba ng hair mo Abbie!
    -Romzs

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice ombre te abbie! love it! so rumi! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing! what products did you use to bleach and color? i sooo wanna try it! ...maybe. haha <3 love your blog. will definitely follow!

    ReplyDelete