Good 'Ol Tay Tay

Taylor Swift. 

What's to hate about Taylor Swift? She's a Sweetheart, she's gorgeous, she's talented, and she writes what she feels. 

You know, a lot of people have hated on Taylor for the way she uses her music as an outlet whenever a relationship she's in falls apart. But I admire it. I admire the way she puts herself out there, I love how she makes hits out of these songs because they're real. She isn't the only one who goes through these things, a lot of other girls too, and they feel good that someone else like Taylor, who seems to have everything this world could offer, could go through something like heartbreak and rejection, and what have you.

On a recent interview she did for Glamour Magazine, she said : 

“I find it relatively easy to keep my clothes on because I don’t really feel like taking them off. It’s not an urge I have. For me ‘risky’ is revealing what really happened in my life through music. Risky is writing confessional songs and telling the true story ... That’s putting myself out there, maybe even more than taking my shirt off.”


 Here's my favorite cover of Taylor so far. Too pretty for words!

And I agree completely. A lot of people find it hard to express themselves with all the means that is available to human beings. Emotions are very tricky. When not expressed in the right way, it could destroy you.

I know I'm not famous for my blogging, but some of the stuff I publish are very, very personal. It's a healthy choice compared to the pool of self-destruction, where I've dipped my toes on several times. 

I really think Taylor is someone Girls should look up to. Sure, she's dated a couple of Guys, one after the other, wrote a song about it one after the other, but isn't that what life's about, really? You try and you fail. You can't settle for anything less than you deserve, so you keep trying, and you find yourself each time, until you end up with who and what you're meant for. Its not like she's doing anything illegal. Besides, most of her songs are Beautiful and Raw, you can feel every single line. 

Is it obvious that I am currently listening to "All Too Well" and weeping on the inside while I type this entry?

So, as I said in a very lengthy Facebook Status related to this :
Let us all headbang backwards in celebration.
  

0 comments: