Do You Know Me At All

What made you think I was a Doctor
A Sanctuary
A Mother

What made you think I was someone who could heal you
What made you think it was all I did, do
What made you think I wasn't broken too?

What made you think it was okay for me to pick up your broken pieces
To fix you
To heal you

What made you think you could leave the second you recover
What made you think I didn't need healing too?

What made you think it was okay
I was okay
Was it my chosen silence?
Didn't you think it was a weapon I was forced to create the moment you walked out
...The first time

Why do you come back to me broken
Is it because you know I like mending you piece by piece 
Because you know I know every puzzle
Every patch of skin 
Every part of your heart
Is it because you know how much I love

Your face resting on my neck
Your heavy heart beating against mine
Your saltwater 
On my lips

Don't you hear me cry for help
Don't you hear me screaming
Don't you hear me call out your name

In the intensity of my kiss
In the aggression of my touch
In the begging of my tears




0 comments: